Mobile Phones stealing is abundant now a days every where and specially in Pakistan congested areas. Mobile phone theft can not be easily traced and caught by police that’s why victim can’t trace and recover its phone easily.According to a survey thousands of mobiles are stolen or snatched daily in crowded cities as well as in the villages of Pakistan. Due to increasing level of cellphone theft every one wish to secure his device so that no one can use it or he/she easily trace its device where it is being used currently.
Due to above factor of mobile snatching and stealing we try to find some solutions so,that some one secure his/her handset. Here are some quick and very simple safety measures that users of mobile phones can take to avoid becoming a victim of mobile phone theft that won’t cost anything.
- Be smart about your smartphone (Always Keep an eye on your phone, especially when out at night)
- Be aware of your surroundings and keep it out-of-sight when not in use. (Do not leave your phone unattended on a table at any time)
- Install ‘Locate my phone‘ GPS apps to help track lost/stolen phones – ask your service provider or seek online reviews online.
- Register it with your network operator as soon as you get it.
- Find out your IMEI number (a 15 digit serial number) and keep it safe – keying *#06# into your phone.
- Always use your phone’s security lock and the ‘erase data after failed passcode attempts’ option.
- Never leave your phone visible in your car when unattended.
- If you take it with you, spread your valuables about your person. For example, keep your wallet in a secure pocket, your phone in another and your car keys in your bag.
- Always property mark your phone with your door number and postcode.
- If your mobile is stolen report the details to your network operator and the police as soon as soon as possible. It can then be cancelled quickly, in the same way as a stolen credit card.